Limb Lengthening Surgery Costs and Doctors 2023
In recent years, leg lengthening surgery has become more and more popular. However, like many other orthopedic surgeries, Limb Lengthening Surgery Costs vary from country to country. This article will discuss the countries where you can get limb lengthening surgery, the best surgeons, methods, and costs.
Leg lengthening surgery is usually one of the patient’s most important decisions. Especially considering the cost of doctors and limb lengthening, this can be very expensive and intensive.
Especially in recent decades, new surgical devices and techniques have been invented and practiced by many doctors around the world. Now people can grow 6-8cm in one surgery and 12-14cm in two surgeries in less than a year. Therefore, patients should always be aware of the latest costs and surgical procedures. In this case, the first things patients compare are technology, price, and the doctor’s expertise.
Limb lengthening surgery cost by methods
In the 1950s, Russian physician Gavriil Ilizarov invented a remarkable device that combined biology and biomechanics. Modern limb lengthening surgery began with his device known as a circular external fixator. Since then, the limb lengthening procedure has developed further, and has reached a whole new dimension in combined and internal methods. Since the 2000s, procedures requiring external fixators have been replaced with internal nails that allow patients to return to their daily routines quickly.
limb lengthening surgery methods and costs
LON Method: $16,500 – $30,000 (Old Method – External)
MTN Method: $33,000 (up to 8cm, one surgery) – $55,000 (Up to 14cm, two separate surgeries) – (only in Iran)
Precice 2: $35,000 – $70,000 (New Method)
Precice Stryde: $55,000 – $100,000 (New Method)
In addition to the method chosen, doctors who perform the limb lengthening surgery and the type and frequency of postoperative care also affect the overall cost.
How Much Does Limb Lengthening Surgery Cost?
Here are the top limb lengthening surgeons in the world and how much they cost:
- Dr. Nader Motallebizadeh (Tehran, Iran): Cost:
- LON Method: $23,000 (Up to 6cm) + 3 months of accommodation in Tehran.
- MTN Method: $33,000 (Up to 8cm, one surgery) + 3 months accommodation in a hotel or apartment in Tehran.
- $55,000 (Up to 14cm, two separate surgeries) + 3 months accommodation for each surgery. (Update 2023.08.14)
- Dr. Paley (USA): Cost: Precice Stryde method, 5-8cm; $97,500 – $109,000
- Dr.S.Robert Rozbruch (USA): Cost: Precice Stryde method; $80,000 – $125,000
- Dr. Shahab Mahboubian (USA): Cost: Precice method; $75,000 | femur – $85,000 | tibia (One surgery) – $155,000 | Combined tibia and femur (Two surgeries) – (Update: 2023)
- Dr. Kevin Debiparshad, LimbPlastx Institute (USA): Cost: Precice Stryde method; $75,000 – $84,000
- Dr. Michael J. Assayag (USA): Cost: Precice 2 – Precice Stryde method; $70,000 – $80,000
- Dr. Augustin Betz – Betz Institute (Germany): Cost: Betzbone Nail; $60,000 – $65,000
- Dr. Rainer Baumgart – ZEM (Germany): Cost: Fitbone method; $120,000 – $160,000
- Dr. Jean-Marc Guichet (France, Italy): Cost: Guichet Nail; $52,000
- Dr. Donghoon Lee – Limb Lengthening Center DALRI (South Korea): Cost: LON, LATN, Precice Stryde method; $40,000 – $72,000
- Yonsei Kim and Chung Orthopedic Clinic (South Korea): Cost: LON, Precice Stryde method; $40,000 – $80,000
- Dr Dimitrios Giotikas – Athens BJR (Greece): Cost: Precice 2 – Precice Stryde method; $40,000 – $93,000
- Dr. Franz Birkholtz (South Africa): Cost: External fixators – PRECICE method; $30,000 – $52,000
- Dr. Maurizio A.Catagni (İtaly): Cost: External fixators – intramedullary nail; $20,000 – $55,000
- Dr. Daniele Pili (Italy): Cost: External fixators – intramedullary nail; $20,000 – $55,000
- Dr. Yunus Öç (TURKEY): Cost: LON – Precice 2 – Precice Stryde method; $16,850 – $51,950
- NordOrthopaedics (Sweden): Cost: Internal fixation; $42,000
- Dr. Javier Downey – Instituto Downey / Spain: Cost: Contact the doctor’s office for price information
- Dr. Mangal Parihar (India): Cost: LON – Stryde; $19,000 – $42,000
Note: All the doctors on the list are well-known and experienced surgeons.
Recommended: Limb Lengthening surgery in Spain
The prices of surgeries by Dr. Nader Motallebizadeh include the following services:
- Welcoming at the airport
- Accommodation in a hotel or an apartment near Dr. Nader Motallebizadeh’s office
- All tests and examinations
- A caretaker who speaks the English language
- Doctor checks
- Physiotherapy checks during your stay at the hospital
- Medication and pain checks during your stay
- Three meals a day
Cheapest leg lengthening surgery
Iran has the cheapest leg lengthening surgery among the best countries for limb lengthening surgery. After Iran, India has the most affordable limb lengthening surgery cost.
Limb lengthening surgery cost in turkey
How much does limb lengthening surgery cost in Turkey? The answer depends on the surgeon and expenses like accommodations, but generally, it costs somewhere between 16,000 USD to 52,000 USD for +7 cm. The price for +14 cm will be much higher because it requires two surgery.
Other countries that do leg lengthening surgery?
- Egypt, Cairo. DR. YASSER EL BATRAWY
- Czech Republic
- Saudi Arabia
- England UK – The Schoen Clinic in London and BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle
- Turkey, Istanbul – Dr. Mehmet Aydogan, Dr. Serdar Zengin, Dr Fatih Arslanoglu, Dr Yaman Ege, Dr. Ahmet Turan Aydin, Dr. Yuksel Yurttas
- Dr. Arshak E. Mirzoyan – Yerevan Center of Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction / Armenia
Take the first step today
Schedule a free consultation with one of our medical experts and begin your journey to increase your height.
Why is limb lengthening surgery expensive?
Limb lengthening surgery is very different from other cosmetic surgery procedures. This surgery requires advanced orthopedic equipment and should only be performed by qualified and experienced surgeons. As a result, it is more expensive than other cosmetic surgery procedures.
Which is the best country for limb lengthening surgery?
The best countries for limb lengthening surgery are the USA, Germany, Iran, the UK, and South Korea.