In recent years, leg lengthening surgery has become more and more popular. However, like many other orthopedic surgeries, Limb Lengthening Surgery Cost vary from country to country. In this article, we will discuss the countries where you can get limb lengthening surgery, the best surgeons, methods, and costs.
Leg lengthening surgery is usually one of the most important decisions a patient makes. Especially considering the cost of doctors and limb lengthening; this can be a very expensive, and intensive process.
Especially in recent decades, new surgical devices and techniques have been invented and practiced by many doctors around the world. Now people can grow 6-8cm in one surgery and 13-15cm in two surgeries in less than a year. Therefore, patients should always be aware of the latest costs and surgical procedures. In this case, the first things patients compare are technology, price, and the doctor’s expertise.
Limb lengthening surgery cost by methods
In the 1950s, Russian physician Gavriil Ilizarov invented a remarkable device that combined biology and biomechanics. Modern limb lengthening surgery began with his device known as a circular external fixator. Since then, the procedure of limb lengthening, which has developed further, has reached a whole new dimension in combined and internal methods. Since the 2000s, procedures requiring external fixators have been replaced with internal nails that allow patients to return to their daily routines in a short period of time.
limb lengthening surgery methods and costs
LON Method: $16,500 – $30,000 (Old Method – External)
MTN Method: $33,000 (7cm, one surgery) – $55,000 (14cm, two surgeries) – (New Method, only in Iran)
Precice 2: $35,000 – $70,000 (New Method)
Precice Stryde: $55,000 – $100,000 (New Method)
In addition to the method chosen, doctors who perform the limb lengthening surgery and the type and frequency of postoperative care also affect the overall cost.
How Much Does Limb Lengthening Surgery Cost?
Here are the top limb lengthening surgeons in the world and how much they cost:
- Dr. Nader Motallebizadeh (Tehran, Iran): Cost: MTN Method: $33,000 (7cm, one surgery) – $55,000 (14cm, two surgeries)
- Dr. Paley (USA): Cost: Precice Stryde method, 5-8cm; $97,500 – $109,000
- Dr.S.Robert Rozbruch (USA): Cost: Precice Stryde method; $80,000 – $125,000
- Dr. Shahab Mahboubian (USA): Cost: Precice Stryde method; $75,000 – $85,000
- Dr. Kevin Debiparshad, LimbPlastx Institute (USA): Cost: Precice Stryde method; $75,000 – $84,000
- Dr. Michael J. Assayag (USA): Cost: Precice 2 – Precice Stryde method; $70,000 – $80,000
- Dr. Augustin Betz – Betz Institute (Germany): Cost: Betzbone Nail; $60,000 – $65,000
- Dr. Rainer Baumgart – ZEM (Germany): Cost: Fitbone method; $120,000 – $160,000
- Dr. Jean-Marc Guichet (France, Italy): Cost: Guichet Nail; $52,000
- Dr. Donghoon Lee – Limb Lengthening Center DALRI (South Korea): Cost: LON, LATN, Precice Stryde method; $40,000 – $72,000
- Yonsei Kim and Chung Orthopedic Clinic (South Korea): Cost: LON, Precice Stryde method; $40,000 – $80,000
- Dr Dimitrios Giotikas – Athens BJR (Greece): Cost: Precice 2 – Precice Stryde method; $40,000 – $93,000
- Dr. Franz Birkholtz (South Africa): Cost: External fixators – PRECICE method; $30,000 – $52,000
- Dr. Maurizio A.Catagni (İtaly): Cost: External fixators – intramedullary nail; $20,000 – $55,000
- Dr. Daniele Pili (Italy): Cost: External fixators – intramedullary nail; $20,000 – $55,000
- Dr. Yunus Öç (TURKEY): Cost: LON – Precice 2 – Precice Stryde method; $16,850 – $51,950
- NordOrthopaedics (Sweden): Cost: Internal fixation; $42,000
- Dr. Mangal Parihar (India): Cost: LON – Stryde; $19,000 – $42,000
Note: All the doctors on the list are well-known and experienced surgeons.
Recommended: Limb Lengthening surgery in Spain
The prices of surgeries by Dr. Nader Motallebizadeh include the following services:
Welcoming at the airport
VIP transfer throughout the entire process
Accommodation in a house near Dr. Nader Motallebizadeh Office
Complimentary Tehran tour
All tests and examinations
A caretaker who speaks English language
Physiotherapy checks during your stay at the hospital
Daily medication, and pain checks during your stay
Why is limb lengthening surgery expensive?
Limb lengthening surgery is very different from other cosmetic surgery procedures. This surgery requires advanced orthopedic equipment and should only be performed by qualified and experienced surgeons. As a result, it is more expensive than other cosmetic surgery procedures.
Which is the best country for limb lengthening surgery?
The best countries for limb lengthening surgery are USA, Germany, Iran, UK, and South Korea.