Limb Lengthening by MTN Method
Walking and daily life is much easier with limb lengthening by the MTN method.
In the MTN limb lengthening method (Manual Telescopic Nail), a telescopic nail is inserted into the bone, and a small screw is placed outside the foot. Since there is only one external screw, it is much easier to walk and live with it. In addition, less pain is felt than the LON limb lengthening surgery method. This method is performed only in Iran and at the International limb lengthening center of Iran.
Supplementary information about the MTN method:
In the MTN method of limb lengthening, a telescopic nail is used. This nail is inserted into the bone, and a small screw is placed outside the foot. This telescopic nail is manually adjusted. There are not many external components in this method. Walking and everyday life is much more comfortable with it. Also, because no pin is passed through the foot, it is less painful even during the lengthening.
In this method, a telescopic nail is inserted into the volunteer’s tibia or femur, and the augmented screw is placed outside the tibia or femur. The volunteer will be given a maximum lengthening of 1 mm daily. At the end of the lengthening period for the MTN method, the screw can be removed without surgery or anesthesia. However, in LON limb lengthening surgery, the external fixation is removed using another surgery.
In some people, sleeplessness or even insomnia occurs for a period, and that can be controlled with appropriate medications.
In the MTN method, special braces may be used as a night splint or when the person is resting to spend less energy on lengthening tendons.
The amount of pain varies from person to person, but what is certain is that doing stretching exercises can significantly reduce it.
Because the strength and diameter of the nail are more significant, the person’s ability to walk the day after surgery is much more significant and is generally a more advanced method.
This method was invented and made by Dr. Motallebizadeh in Iran. This nail is made of titanium. This Nail competes with nails made in the United States and Germany.
How much does MTN limb lengthening surgery cost?
Since this nail is designed and produced completely in Iran, it has a lower price in comparison with other methods that use Telescopic nails.
If the person decided to grow taller with one surgery (6cm tibia or up to 8cm on the femur) The MTN method costs 33,000 USD. If the patient decided to grow taller in two surgery (6cm on the tibia and 8cm on the femur) the price will be 55,000 USD. For more details about pricing visit our price page.
Suggested to study: limb lengthening surgery by LATN method
MTN limb lengthening Benefits:
- Ability to walk a day after surgery;
- Ability to do personal work during the distraction phase;
- In some jobs, by using this method, there is a possibility of driving and attending work from the third week after surgery;
- Possibility to lengthening up to 8 cm (Femur only);
- The increasing external screw is removed without surgery or anesthesia;
- Daily psychological counseling, before surgery, during the distraction phase, and afterward until the complete normalization of the physical condition;
- Cost is less than similar limb lengthening methods like precice.
- It is always possible to get in touch with people who have had surgery in previous years and benefit from their experiences before surgery.
Important points in MTN limb lengthening surgery:
- In this method, you should be careful that the increased screw in the MTN is completely dry and well-dressed.
- The adherence to individual hygiene and cleanness of the increased screw-in MTN is essential.
- In some people, sleeplessness or even insomnia sometimes occurs, which can be controlled with appropriate medications.
- The MTN method special braces may be used as a night splint or when the person is resting to spend less energy on lengthening tendons.
- The amount of pain varies from person to person, but what is certain is that doing stretching exercises can significantly reduce it.
The successful experience of limb lengthening by MTN method, volunteering from Norway:
Hi, I am 18 years old, and I come from Norway. My height is 1 meter and 59 centimeters. I weigh 51 kg. I came to Iran for limb lengthening surgery. I made an appointment with Dr. Motallebizadeh. I talked to him about this surgery. Today is the 5th of Bahman 1398. I want to increase my height by 8 cm.
Because I also had varus knees( genu varum ), it was decided to correct this varus during MTN surgery. I was very nervous the day before the surgery. After the operation, I had a little pain, which increased until the afternoon. But the pain later subsided.
I did not think I could walk the day after surgery, or that walking caused pain. But I went and did not feel pain. Four times a day, through the screw outside the leg, I increased a quarter of a millimeter height, 1 mm per day.
I am happy with the facilities I have provided. At the end of the distraction phase, when my height increased by 8 cm, the height increase screws were removed in the office.
If you’d like more information, you can contact the international center for LIMB LENGTHENING IN IRAN.