Limb Lengthening by MTN Method
Walking and daily life is much easier with limb lengthening by MTN method
In the MTN limb lengthening method (Manual Telescopic Nail), a telescopic nail is inserted into the bone and a small screw is placed outside of the foot. There are not many external components in the MTN method. Therefore, it is much easier to walk and live with it. In addition, less pain is felt than other methods of limb lengthening surgery. This method is performed only in Iran and in the International Center for limb lengthening in Iran.
Supplementary information about MTN method:
In MTN method of limb lengthening a telescopic nail is used. This nail is inserted into the bone and a small screw is places on the outside of the foot. This telescopic nail is manually adjusted. There are not many external components in this method. Walking and everyday life is much more comfortable with it. Also, because no pin is passed through the foot, it is much less painful and also feels less pain at the moment of lengthening.
In this method, a telescopic nail is inserted into the volunteer’s leg or thigh, and the augmented screw is placed outside the leg or thigh. The volunteer will be given an average lengthening of 1 mm daily. At the end of the lengthening period for MTN method, the screw can be removed in the office. However, in MTN limb lengthening surgery, the external fixation is removed in the operating room.
In some people, sleeplessness or even insomnia occurs for a period of time which can be controlled with appropriate medications.
Suggested to study: limb lengthening surgery by LON method
In MTN method, special braces may be used as a night splint or when the person is resting to spend less energy to lengthening tendons.
The amount of pain varies from person to person, but what is certain is that doing stretching exercises can significantly reduce it.
Due to the fact that the strength and diameter of the nail are greater, the person’s ability to walk the day after surgery is much greater and is generally a more advanced method.
This method was invented and made in Iran by Dr. Motallebi Zadeh in Iran. This nail is made of titanium. This Nail competes with the nails made in the United States and Germany.
How much does MTN limb lengthening surgery cost?
This nail is completely designed and produced in Iran, and this makes us have no problem in preparing raw materials because materials are produced in a large number, the prices are more economical, and this makes this method cheaper than in other countries.
In terms of the cost of this surgery, since MTN surgery is a very difficult, delicate, and responsible process, therefore, fewer people enter this field. Therefore, in relation to the cost of MTN lengthening surgery, it should be compared with other centers in the world.
Suggested to study: limb lengthening surgery by LATN method
MTN limb lengthening Benefits:
- Ability to walk the day after surgery;
- Ability to do personal work during the distraction phase;
- In some jobs, by using this method, there is a possibility of driving and attending work from the third week after surgery;
- Possibility to lengthening more than 6 cm (up to eight centimeters);
- The increasing screw is opened in the office, and does not require being in the operating room;
- Daily psychological counseling, before surgery, during the distraction phase, and afterward until the complete normalization of the physical condition;
- Cost far less than similar foreign methods.
- It is always possible to get in touch with people who have had surgery in previous years and benefit from their experiences before surgery.
Important points in MTN limb lengthening surgery:
- In this method, should be careful that the increased screw in the MTN is completely dry and well dressed.
- The adherence of individual hygiene, as well cleanness of the increased screw-in MTN is very important.
- In some people, sleeplessness or even insomnia occurs for a period of time, which can be controlled with appropriate medications.
- The MTN method special braces may be used as a night splint or when the person is resting to spend less energy to lengthening tendons.
- The amount of pain varies from person to person, but what is certain is that doing stretching exercises can significantly reduce it.
The successful experience of limb lengthening by MTN method, volunteering from Norway:
Hi, I am 18 years old and I came from Norway. My height is 1 meter and 59 centimeters. I weigh 51 kg. I came to Iran for limb lengthening surgery. I made an appointment with Dr. Motallebi zadeh. I talked to him about this surgery. Today is the 5th of Bahman 1398. I want to increase my height by 8 cm.
Due to the fact that I also had varus knees( genu varum ), it was decided to correct this varus during MTN surgery. I was very nervous the day before the surgery. I had a little pain after the operation, which increased until the afternoon. But the pain later subsided.
I did not think that I could walk the day after surgery, or walking causes pain. But I went and did not feel pain. Four times a day, through the screw that is outside the leg, I increased a quarter of millimeter height. Which is actually 1 mm per day.
I am satisfied with the facilities provided to me. At the end of the distraction phase, when my height increased by 8 cm, the height increase screws were removed in the office.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, YOU CAN CONTACT THE INTERNATIONAL CENTER FOR LIMB LENGTHENING IN IRAN.