Average height in Egypt in 2023

In this article, we look at the Average height in Egypt in 2023. 

Egypt is a country that stretches across two continents, Africa and Asia. It is located in the northeastern part of Africa and the southwestern part of Asia. Egypt’s neighbors include the Mediterranean Sea to the north, the Gaza Strip and Israel to the northeast, the Red Sea to the east, Sudan to the south, and Libya to the west.

Average height in Egypt

Egypt also borders Jordan and Saudi Arabia across the Gulf of Aqaba in the northeast. Cairo is Egypt’s capital and largest city, while Alexandria is the second-largest city and an important industrial and tourist center on the Mediterranean coast. Egypt has a population of about 100 million people, making it the 14th-most populous country in the world and the third-most populous country in Africa, after Nigeria and Ethiopia.

Egypt demographics

Egypt is home to the largest population in the Arab world and the third-largest in Africa, with approximately 95 million people residing there as of 2017. Between 1970 and 2010, Egypt’s population experienced rapid growth, fueled by advancements in medical care and increased crop yields brought about by the Green Revolution. At the time of Napoleon’s invasion of Egypt in 1798, the population was estimated to be just 3 million.

The majority of Egypt’s population resides in urban areas, particularly along the Nile River (notably in Cairo and Alexandria), in the Delta region, and near the Suez Canal. Egyptians can be broadly categorized into two groups: those who live in major cities and the fellahin, or farmers, who inhabit small villages. With only 77,041 square kilometers of Egypt being habitable, the population density surpasses 1,200 people per square kilometer, comparable to that of Bangladesh.

While emigration was restricted under Nasser’s rule, thousands of Egyptian professionals were dispatched to other nations as part of the Arab Cold War. In 1971, under President Sadat, Egypt’s emigration policies were relaxed, leading to an unprecedented surge in emigration following the 1973 oil crisis. It is estimated that 2.7 million Egyptians live abroad.

Approximately 70% of Egyptian immigrants reside in Arab nations (923,600 in Saudi Arabia, 332,600 in Libya, 226,850 in Jordan, 190,550 in Kuwait, with the remainder scattered across the region), while the remaining 30% primarily reside in Europe and North America (318,000 in the United States, 110,000 in Canada, and 90,000 in Italy). Since the 1950s, there has been a steady migration to non-Arab countries.

Average height in Egypt in 2023

In the upcoming section, we will address the average height of men and women in Egypt individually.

Average Height of Males in Egypt

Based on recent statistics, the average height of Males in Egypt is reported as 174.57 centimeters (equivalent to 5 feet 9 inches). This figure is slightly above the global average height for men, which stands at 173.74 centimeters (5 feet 8 inches).

Average Height of Females in Egypt

Based on recent statistics, the average height of Females in Egypt is recorded at 160.88 centimeters, which is equivalent to 5 feet 3 inches. This figure is slightly above the global average height for women, which stands at 160.02 centimeters (5 feet 3 inches).

Compare the Average height in Egypt with other nations

The Average Height in Egypt Surpasses that of the Following Nations:

  • Italy
  • South Africa
  • Malaysia
  • Vietnam
  • Uganda
  • Afghanistan
  • Tajikistan
  • Pakistan
  • Tanzania
  • Indonesia
  • Yemen
  • Nepal

Nonetheless, the average height of Egypt falls below that of the following countries:

Limb lengthening surgery for people of Egypt

Notably, Dr. Nader Motallebizadeh, based in Iran, specializes in limb-lengthening surgery for Egyptian men and women. Egyptians seeking to enhance their height can benefit from the services offered at the International Limb Lengthening Center of Iran.

Dr. Motallebizadeh is globally recognized as one of the most experienced limb-lengthening surgeons, having successfully conducted over 500 such procedures. However, appointments for limb-lengthening surgery are limited, so it is advisable to contact us promptly to secure a spot.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Regarding Average height in Egypt

What is the average height in Egypt for Males?

Recent data reveals that the average height of adult males in Egypt is approximately 5 feet 9 inches (174.57 centimeters). The Egyptian male population is slightly above the global average height of 5 feet 8 inches (173.74 cm).

What is the average height in Egypt for Females?

Recent data indicates that the average height of adult females in Egypt is approximately 5 feet 3 inches (160.88 cm). This places Egyptian women slightly above the global average height of 5 feet 3 inches (160.02 cm).

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top